Monday, August 27, 2012

Under Construction

When I was a little girl I imagined myself and what I would look like when I was in my thirties...I would have a family, be a mom and stay at home with my babies and take care of them and my home.  Everything would be sunshine and rainbows and lollipops.  I would be a success in every sense of the word.  I would have perfect kids, perfect husband and have the perfect life.  Then...well then real world set in.  That's where I am now.  I have possibly the three greatest kids in the world and THE world's greatest husband, but I am far from perfect, and my life is FAR from perfect.  And guess what?...

I am right where Jesus wants me.

Let's say my life was full of sunshine and rainbows and lollipops...what did He come to Earth to save?  Why did He die if everything was perfect...perfection is so far from where we are supposed to be because that is where He can do is best work.  When I am flawed, that is where He comes and moves His Spirit in and mold us to what He has for us...the abundant life...the life He has planned for us...not the life we have planned for ourselves.



But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Cor. 4:7-9

So that is where I am...right where Jesus wants me and right where I don't want to be.  I am scared, terrified and feel alone.  I will not be destroyed, but I am damaged...so now I am under construction.  God is coming in and rewiring how I think, painting a new fresh coat of His love, and putting up strong walls so I can't be destroyed...while my foundation is and always will be in Him, my exterior and interior need a little work.  And what a better carpenter than my Abba, my friend, my Savior...my Jesus.

Jesus, 
Help me today to see that imperfection is just a time where you can come in and do some redecorating.  Create in me a steadfast spirit, a humbled mind and a love for you that is powerful and mighty.  Help me to be filled up with your love so that it is the only thing I desire and that I see things and myself with Your grace-filled eyes.
In Jesus' name, 
Amen

By the way...I love the group Addison Road.  They are amazing and I was going to have a link for their group, but I guess I am not the only one going through changes.  They have decided to amplicably break up and spend more time with family.  So I will put a link to a You Tube video of A Change in the Making.  My theme song...the song that inspired the title of this blog.  I love the song and the words..oh and I didn't know that the words under construction were in the words until I looked at You Tube...so like God.  So enjoy..it is an awesome song!  Click Here

1 comment:

  1. Allison, thank you for your honesty. This is a beautiful entry. Love the heart behind this blog...You! Never forget you are His and fearfully and wonderfully made. Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete